- Raw & Vegan Food
- Musical instruments
Gotu Kola is a typical plant of traditional Ayurveda and is considered sacred. It teaches us that Gotu Kola evokes lightness of mind, brings health and peace of mind. Gotu Kola is a plant about 30 centimeters tall with round leaves that are a bit like geraniums. It is used as a spice and as a medicine, in Burmese cuisine it is added to salads, in Sri Lankan cuisine it is used in combination with chilli in spicy dishes. It commonly grows in warm, tropical countries, especially in the Indian subcontinent, Southeast Asia, Madagascar, and even the wetlands of the southeastern United States.
The plant is used, ie everything from the root up.
Gotu Kola contains triterpenoids, asiaticoside, asiatic acid and madecassic acid, asiaticoside and brahmoside.
Gotu Kola is a source of vitamins and minerals, especially:
- biogenic metals: calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, chromium, selenium
- vitamins A, C, B vitamins
- Revitalizing effects: In clinical studies, Gotu Kola has been shown to have the ability to help regenerate the skin, making it suitable as an adjunct in the treatment of skin diseases or injuries or as part of a rejuvenating treatment.
- Psychic Effects: Gotu Kola has the ability to improve cognitive function, especially improves the ability to concentrate and learn because it promotes memory. Gotu Kola helps to relieve stress and has even been shown to have an effect in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Effects on blood circulation: Gotu Kola promotes proper blood circulation, especially of the legs, and can help with heavy leg syndrome.
- Effects on digestion: Gotu Kola can relieve stomach problems and make digestion easier.
We use Gotu Kola ideally in the form of infusions, measure 2-3 teaspoons of the dried plant and pour a quarter of a liter of boiling water. Cover the container and let it infuse for about 20 minutes, before drinking it can be strained.
We recommend also
50 grams, 100 grams, 250 grams
Do you want to ask us anything? This may apply to this product (eg suitability of combination with other plants, current availability, dosage ...), but also anything else of course ...
Moringa (Moringa oleifera), leaves€ 2.50 – € 7.60 incl. VATSelect options
A food supplement that increases body energy and resilience. Moringa has a very positive effect on overall health. It contains a large amount of vitamins, minerals, proteins and strong antioxidants. Moringa is one of the most versatile and useful plants on Earth, it is also referred to as a miracle tree, a tree of life …
Psyllium (Plantago ovata) Pure Soluble Fibre€ 3.28 – € 14.88 incl. VATSelect options
Blond plantain (Plantago ovata) is an annual plant, a species of the genus Plantain. It is grown for the healing effects of seeds. Its home is southern European areas, North Africa, the Arabian Peninsula, Iran, Pakistan and India, where the Psyllium we sell comes from. Psyllium has the ability to swell and increase its volume …