- Raw & Vegan Food
- Musical instruments
Devil’s Claw (Harpagophytum procumbens), shredded root
€ 3.52 – € 28.00 incl. VAT
Devil’s claw root is little known, but very useful. It has wide range of medicinal applications.
Get an alert when the product is in stock:
Devil’s Claw. When this South African succulent (the edge of the Kalahari) chose its name, it probably wanted to scare anyone who wanted him. So where did the unflattering name come from? Its broken fruits look like claws. It forms massive tuberous roots, from which a powder or extract is traditionally used by the natives.
Devil’s claw root is little known, but very useful. It has wide range of applications.
- It is used for painful arthritis and joint diseases, because it has anti-inflammatory effects. It reduces swelling and increases collagen in tissues.
- It heals bruising and chest pain.
- It lowers cholesterol and uric acid content in the body.
- It is used for diseases of the gallbladder, kidneys, bladder, and metabolic disorders. It stimulates the liver, it is suitable for allergic manifestations, supports digestion.
- It acts as a mild analgesic (relieves pain)
- Calms mind
1) To prepare an infusion, 2-5 grams of dried root and 250 ML of boiling water is used – use non-metallic container and a cover.
2) Let stand for 15 minutes.
3) Strain preferably through a non-metallic sieve or filter paper.
It is drunk lukewarm and the infusion is always prepared fresh right before use.
Not recommended during pregnancy and lactation.
We recommend also
Do you want to ask us anything? This may apply to this product (eg suitability of combination with other plants, current availability, dosage ...), but also anything else of course ...
Medicinal & Other
Rapé Blend “Little Tiger” from Viktoria from Colombia, bottle 5 g€ 15.08 incl. VATAdd to cart
Victoria is one of the little women – “medicine women” of the Huitoto tribe, living in southeastern Colombia in the area around the city of Leticia on the Amazon River, on the border with Peru and Brazil. It is not possible to get to this area other than by boat or plane, it is one …
Medicinal & Other
Damiana (Turnera diffusa), shredded€ 4.40 – € 16.80 incl. VATSelect options
Damiana is a shrub from the passion fruit family. It is a shrub about 3 meters high, which grows well in warm savannas. It is commonly grown in southern North America and is actively grown in Africa, but is relatively difficult to grow. It has been known for millennia, the original inhabitants of North America …
Osha Root (Ligusticum porteri) – “Bear Medicine”, 10 g€ 9.00 incl. VATRead more
Osha root (Ligusticum porteri) has traditionally been used by Native American and Hispanic cultures as a treatment for conditions like pneumonia, colds, bronchitis, influenza, tuberculosis, hay fever, and coughs. Today, the extract is commonly used as a decongestant and some believe it boosts the immune system. A perennial herb and member of the carrot or …