- Raw & Vegan Food
- Musical instruments
- Household chemistry
Guayusa (Illex guayusa) – “Amazonian Supertea”
€ 8.44 – € 120.00 incl. VAT
Wayusa is an Amazon tea, hand-processed, grown in a sustainable way in a very clean mountain jungle environment. It greatly supports memory, concentration and awakens vivid dreams in a person – so called lucid dreaming.
Wayusa, botanically Ilex guayusa is an Amazonian tea, hand-processed, grown sustainably in a very clean mountain jungle environment and without the use of any artificial chemicals by the Ecuadorian Kichua Indians. We offering you clean and hand-processed dried leaves. Unlike elsewhere, our product largely consists of whole leaves, which are more practical for making tea than cut pieces.
Wayusa plant is a relative of Ilex paraguariensis, commonly know as yerba mate.
It has similar amounts of caffeine as coffee and twice as many antioxidants than green tea. Its sweet aftertaste combined with a smoky taste is unmistakable. There is no other tea or a natural beverage quite like Wayusa.
For natives, drinking wayusa tea has been an integral part of everyday life in the jungle for hundreds, perhaps thousands of years. This drink awakens the spirit and provides energy for all-day hard work and if necessary, it allows them to stay up all night for hunting.
It greatly supports memory, concentration and awakens vivid dreams – lucid dreaming, when the person is aware of his dream, after awakening he still remembers it and can then work with them on his way through life.
The beneficial effects of wayusa on human health begin in the stomach, which – unlike acid-forming coffee – has a calming effect. Despite the vitalizing effect, the composition of wayusa lowers blood pressure (thanks to L-theanine) and the level of “bad” cholesterol. It detoxifies body and stabilizes the pH level.
1st method – infusing, drinking cold wayusa
The recommended amount is 3-4 tblsp per 1 liter of water. Pour in boiling water (up to 95 ° C) and infuse for at least 20 minutes, but ideally much longer (the best effect is when infused for more than 3 hours, i.e. overnight). Leave wayusa leaves in the container and you can start serving. You can use a cup strainer if you like (put the leaves back). When there’s no infusion left, you can pour some more water for another turn. It’s possible to reuse wayusa leaves up to 4 times in total, the last turn is already a bit weaker.
2nd method – cooking in a pot, drinking hot wayusa
If you prefer a stronger infusion, cook wausa leaves in a pot over low heat for at least 15 minutes or even much longer (3 hours upto all night). You can continuously serve in cups (again a cup strainer might come in handy) and when your infusion runs out, you can cook another batch, or you can replace only small portion of used leaves with fresh leaves and continue cooking.
- caffeine – in a 200 ml cup the same amount as in coffee
- theobromine – occurs most often in chocolate
- theanine – an amino acid that is also contained in the leaves of the tea tree, which induces a state of deep relaxation without a feeling of drowsiness, has calming effects, increases the activity of alpha waves and thus contributes to increased sleep quality by direct action in the brain
- glutamic acid – a non-essential amino acid, involved in fat metabolism, ammonia detoxification and is the most important neurotransmitter in the central nervous system, used in medicine to treat some neurological disorders
- eucine – a non-essential amino acid. It is important for transcription, transfer of DNA information to RNA, and repair of muscle tissue and other 13 amino acids
- vitamins C and D.
- magnesium, zinc, calcium, chromium
- saponins, antioxidants (2x more than green tea)
Unlike coffee, wayusa evokes a pleasant feeling of alertness without nervousness and tremors. Wayusa is not addictive and does not cause any side effects.
Country of origin: Ecuador
Please note: leaf sizes or packing may differ
We recommend also
50 grams, 100 grams, 200 grams, 500 grams, 1 kilogram
Do you want to ask us anything? This may apply to this product (eg suitability of combination with other plants, current availability, dosage ...), but also anything else of course ...