- Raw & Vegan Food
- Musical instruments
What is Chlorella?
Chlorella is an emerald green single-celled freshwater alga (botanically Chlorella pyrenoidosa) that grows naturally in lakes and ponds. It contains a high amount of chlorophyll pigment (that green plant pigment), which is responsible for giving flowers deep green color. Chlorella is very nutritious and is therefore classified as a superfood.
Chlorella is a superfood that offers many health benefits.
Chlorella is rich in chlorophyll, an important nutrient for cleansing and detoxification of human body. It also contains high amounts of protein, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that can improve the immune system and promote weight loss. Mix chlorella with cocktails, salad dressings and other dishes.
1 serving = 1 teaspoon of powder (approx. 10 g) of chlorella provides:
- Almost 6 grams of protein, including all nine essential amino acids
- More than 100% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin A
- More than 70% of the recommended daily intake of iron
- A good source of B-complex vitamins
- Other nutrients such as beta-carotene, potassium and magnesium
Health benefits of Chlorella
- Natural Detoxification – Chlorella offers a natural way to cleanse and detoxify the body. The fibrous cell walls of this green alga are thought to bind to heavy metals, synthetic chemicals and other toxins, which facilitates the elimination of these contaminants from the body.
- Easy absorption of nutrients – Toxins are absorbed into the fibrous cell walls of chlorella, but the human body usually has difficulty breaking down indigestible cell walls. This is why the best chlorella products – have disrupted cell walls, so our body can easily absorb the proteins, vitamins and minerals that chlorella offers.
- Promotes weight loss – A 2008 study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food suggests that regular chlorella supplementation lead to reduced body fat, reduced total cholesterol, and healtier blood glucose levels when fasting.
- chlorella may be a useful dietary supplement for people who are trying to loose weight.
- Anti-aging effects – Chlorella powder can promote a younger looking skin due to its high concentration of antioxidants. Research published in the Clinical Laboratory shows that chlorella can significantly improve antioxidant status and reduce oxidative stress. Excessive oxidative stress is associated with premature aging, Chlorella refreshes the skin and organs to a natural state of health.
- Strengthens the immune system – With a high content of immune-boosting nutrients, chlorella powder can help prevent disease. Findings published in the Nutrition Bulletin suggest that chlorella supplementation can improve human immune system.
What experts say about the benefits of Chlorella
Dr. Oz from the show Dr. Oz: “Chlorella acts as an effective detoxifying agent by binding to toxins such as mercury in your body and transporting them out of your system. It is chlorophyll in chlorella that makes it so strong because chlorophyll helps process more oxygen, cleanses blood and promotes the growth and repair of your tissues. ”
Muscle Works Magazine: “Chlorella has a strengthening effect on the immune system. It is known to increase the production of antibodies that fight infection. This includes the production of interferon, the body’s natural weapon against destructive cancer cells. Chlorella allows the body to fight back and maintain strength, thus increasing the patient’s chances of fighting cancer. ”
Rachel Venokur-Clark, Certified Holistic Health Consultant, “Chlorella can stimulate the growth of a healthy gut flora, aid digestion, prevent constipation, and reduce the symptoms of chronic diseases, including diverticulitis and Crohn’s disease.”
It is recommended you start with taking 3 tablets daily and continue raising the amount untill your stool is deep green.
Plastic bottle with 60 vegan capsules (one capsule contains 0,5 g of Chlorella powder).
Please note: packing design may differ
Chlorella should be stored in a cool, dark place away from sunlight and heat. Usable up to one year.
Chlorella can also be stored in a refrigerator, but it is not necessary.
We recommend also
Do you want to ask us anything? This may apply to this product (eg suitability of combination with other plants, current availability, dosage ...), but also anything else of course ...